Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Age 18 and Christmas too!

   This HOLIDAY season was so great! I can't say that it was extremely eventful or crazy but it was the simple kind of great. Good times with family and friends. We started the holiday getting out of school on the 16th which also just happens to be MY BIRTHDAY. So to celebrate the big 18 Caitlin and Meckenzie planned an eventful lunch for me. We went to Cait's house for crepes and then from there we ended up at Zupas and then all of a sudden we were at the Orange Leaf in Highland. Lets just say they were making sure that I didn't go hungry on my birthday haha. We ended our little celebration by trying to roll an orange down killer hill because we heard that it did something cool....just so you all know nothing happens, we tried many times. I am so lucky to have such awesome friends in my life they are absolutely amazing. From there I went home and finished packing my bags because my mom had planned a trip to Salt Lake for me and the family at The Little America. We headed up there and it ended up being so much fun, we ate dinner at the lion house (which we ended up walking to because Dad is a very positive thinker and a little impatient and thought that we would for sure be quicker than the trax train) and walked around temple square looking at the christmas lights. We got hot chocolate and I opened my presents and then went to the pool and played games. The next day we ate dinner in the cafe at the hotel and then spent the day at Gateway before heading home. I am also so blessed to have amazing family who love me and helped make my birthday so memorable( although I have to mention that I missed Tyler who was at home very sick).
due to a failure on my part to charge my battery these are the only pictures i have but to see more of the lovely event you could visit My wonderful sister Nicole's Blog as well as see more pics of the rest of my holiday because she deems herself the picture taker extordinaire (which i indeed don't know how to spell).

Following the Birthday Celebrations we had a week of last minute christmas shopping which I absolutely love doing with my momma. I love thinking up ideas that I know that people would love even if they don't remember telling me that they would enjoy it. On Christmas eve first off we had the opportunity to clean the church, although it wasn't the most fun thing as my dad kept saying it was a good experience to serve the lord on that day. We went to Sizzler as always with the Clyde's and had a great time there and then we went home and just enjoyed being together. Earlier that week Brittan, Landon, and Meckenzie came and picked me up to go see a cool house that had lights synchronized to music. It was absolutely amazing so I got my family in the car and we went and saw it. We  sat there forever and watched all the different songs. We even got treats from the house owners who came out with cookies and candy canes. It was fun to just sit there and watch them. We then went home and played games and then went to sleep. In the morning being Sunday we went to church and it was a really special thing to have that experience on christmas morning before any presents were open or anything. Of course however that stuff was exciting. When we got home me and Nate changed back to our  Christmas PJ's and matching penguin socks (which are awesome).  It was so fun to give all the gifts this year. I got my pops BYU flags which got a great reaction which is on Nicoles Blog as well. I got Page the movie The Help which I LOVE! I got my mom a new purse. I love the feeling of giving it is the Best. I also was GIVEN great gifts this year the most exciting being a ticket to none other than the broadway WICKED for when it comes to capital theatre. I was so shocked and excited and speechless.  I was extremely spoiled getting lots of other things including cowgirl boots, an I love Lucy Season, scarfs, lots and lots of clothes. After presents we hung out until it was time to go to Nana and Grumpy's. We ate there and enjoyed time with all of the extended family. Once again i was spoiled by my grandma and grandpa and then i went home totally content. It was a great Christmas. Thanks to everyone who made it SO special. 
 THEE Ticket to Wicked.......ahhhh i am so excited know i just have to wait for August. 
                                           And the boots!                                                                                                           


2 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging! Tomorrow I expect to see your New Years post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sisters! they are always there to give you a kick in the butt when you need one. hahaha

    ReplyDelete